Prague, capital city of the Czech Republic, is bisected by the Vltava River. Nicknamed “the City of a Hundred Spires,” it’s known for its expansive Castle, the famous Charles Bridge, the charming Old Town Square at the heart of historic core, surrounded by colorful baroque buildings, Gothic churches and the medieval Astronomical Clock, which gives an animated hourly show. Completed in 1402, the pedestrian Charles Bridge is lined with statues of Catholic saints.
Venue: Our conference takes place at NH Hotel, Mozartova 261/1, Prague 5, Czechia.
Prague has an excellent public transport service, though there are also Uber and Taxi service options. There are still unscrupulous taxi drivers in Prague, so if you wish to use a taxi, we highly recommend that you pre-order by phone from either of these services:
- Nejlevnejsi Taxi (the cheapest) +420 226 000 226
- AAA Taxi +420 222 333 222
How to get here:
- From airport – Letiste Vaclav Havel.
There are several transport options from the airport, from most to least expensive (or reverse order of convenience):
- 650 CZK (~26€): shuttle bus from the hotel (contact the hotel) or Taxi from Airport Taxi stand
- 300-350 CZK (~12-14€): taxi from a call-in service, e.g. Nejlevnejsi Taxi – +420 226 000 226 (the dispatcher speaks English)
- 250-300 CZK (~12-14€): Uber
- 32 CZK (~1.50€): public transport – really easy, even if you don’t speak Czech:
Take a Bus # 100 and to its final station “Zlicin” which connects to Metro line (about 18 minute ride). There transfer to Metro line B (yellow line) to station “Andel” (9 stops). Note: this Metro stop has two exits, take the one towards “Novy Smichov”. Above ground, from there it’s approx. 8 minute walk to NH Hotel (see map below).
- From main train station – Hlavni nadrazi:
Take Metro line C (red line) to station “Florenc” (1 stop), transfer to line B (yellow line) and continue to station “Andel” (4 stops). Then walk (see map below)
- From main bus station – Florenc:
Take Metro line B (yellow line) to station “Andel” (4 stops). Then walk (see below)
From Metro station Andel (walk, approx. 8 minutes):
We heartily recommend you stay at our conference venue NH Hotel. The hotel is very conveniently located in a popular city hub, and also has property up on the hill, which offers a great views of the city, plus a sumptuous restaurant (the two buildings are connected with a cable-car.) Of course, the biggest benefit of staying at the Conference Venue is the informal networking with fellow attendees, with games and discussions going long into the night or early hours of the morning. Past attendees have reveled in the long-time friendships and professional connections nurtured through these interactions.
Apart of all benefits connected with the conference, you can also benefit from staying in NH Hotel like this:
- Gym – Great selection of exercise machines, aerobic and anaerobic area
- Sauna – Either traditional sauna or steam bath – they have it!
- Tennis courts – Fancy a game of tennis? No problem with NH Hotel.
- Terraces – especially in second hotel building (the one on the hill where you’ll get by cable car), you can enjoy spectacular views with the glass of wine or beer in your hand. Just imagine.
- Selection of other services:
- Children’s play area
- Free WiFi
- Airport shuttle
- Bicycle rental