One of the hallmarks of ALE is being an “unconference”, meaning its program is designed by the participants themselves, using the format of Open Space Technology (OST).
The beauty of this approach is that those who propose a session topic are passionate about it, either to talk about it, or to learn about it from others, and the session attendees self-select to contribute to that topic’s discussion.
For 2017, let us know your ideas for the program at firstname.lastname@example.org , Better yet, join us on one of the Organizing Sofas (committees):
- Sponsorship Sofa
- Fun Plans Sofa
- Kids and Families Program Sofa
For the conference program, submit your topics and wild ideas for these formats:
- Lightning Talks (3 minutes)
- Pecha Kucha (6 minutes)
Submission form is here.
We would also appreciate someone to facilitate a Coding Dojo, if you are interested, please contact us: email@example.com
Finally, several ALE participants have offered Extra Programs that complement the ALE agenda:
- Kanban Training – Thursday & Friday Aug 24 & 25 (2 days)
- High-performance Teams: Culture & Core Protocol – Friday Aug 25
- Integral Coaching in Service of your Service to this World – Saturday Aug 26
- Facilitation Workshop – Sunday Aug 27
- Graphic Facilitation Workshop – Sunday Aug 27
- Deepening Team Connections With Clean Language – Thursday Aug 31
Let’s together make this event inspiring and unforgettable! 🙂
For reference, here are examples of program boards from past ALE’s.